The role of the Parents’ Association is a partnership between the school and the parents:
- Supporting the aims and objectives of the school.
- Working together to ensure the smooth operation of the school by adhering to agreed policies and procedures.
- To identify and make available the skills and talents of individual parents that may be of value to the school.
- To enable parents to contribute to an enhanced learning environment for pupils.
- It’s an opportunity to network with and support other parents.
The Parents’ Association aim to meet at least once during each term.
Typical activities undertaken by the Parents’ Association may include:
- Providing opportunities for parents to meet informally and discuss relevant issues.
- Supporting the school with the organisation of special events e.g. First Communion and Christmas, Retirements, Sports.
- Organising guest speakers to address parents.
- Supporting the Principal and staff with projects that they undertake such as the Green School Initiative.
Currently the Parents’ Association do not have a role in fundraising as the Tylotto envelopes contribute monies to the school.
The Parents’ Association Committee Members are:
- Chairperson: Carol Keyes
- Secretary: Caroline McArdle
- Treasurer: Caroline Caulfield
- Carol Keyes: 086-1724396
- Email coming soon.